We all know the meal is the focus of every Thanksgiving, and preparing the meal is no easy feat, but what about preparing your home? Having guests over can be just as, if not more, stressful than cooking the dinner, so we have prepared a short list of tips to help you make your home as cozy as possible for your visitors.
- Keep stools and chairs available near the perimeter of the kitchen so you can keep people out of your precious cooking space while keeping them comfortable and near the center of the action.
- Consider moving the coffee station out of the kitchen and into the dining or family room area. This will lessen congestion in the kitchen and encourage your guests to mingle in other public areas.
- Make sure to keep your guests comfortable by providing plenty of blankets, pillows, and towels.
- If you do not have enough bedrooms in your home to accommodate everyone, consider investing in a folding partition for public areas. This can give your guests some privacy during the nighttime, then you can store it away during the day.
- Make all paper products visible by neatly stacking them on shelves or in baskets.
- A bathmat and a plunger should be available in all bathrooms.
- If you do not have enough wall space for shelves, baskets can be a great option to store extra towels, toilet paper, or other essentials.
- Anticipate the need for guests to put down glasses by placing small tables next to all living room furniture.
- Be sure to provide enough seating for everyone. Function is much better than matching when it comes to enough seating.
Last but not least, BE THANKFUL. How blessed we are to have loved ones to spend the holiday with and good food to share.
Blessings to everyone on this Thanksgiving holiday from your friends at Real Estate Solutions Team!